Subscribe to the newsletter and receive the latest news about Bellewaerde Aquapark directly in your mailbox!
Bellewaerde Aquapark is located on private property. The following agreements are intended to make sure that all our Guests have a fantastic, enjoyable day out. Guests must behave responsibly and be respectful towards other people and the surroundings. Courtesy is key in Bellewaerde Aquapark and its immediate surroundings.
- You will need to pay to use the car park at Bellewaerde Aquapark.
- The car park has a number of reserved disabled spaces close to the entrance. These spaces are for disabled badge holders only.
- The highway code applies in the car park: the maximum speed is 20 km/h and the instructions given by the car park staff must be strictly followed.
- It is not permitted to park in the car park outside Bellewaerde Aquapark’s opening hours. Mobile homes are not allowed to stay in the car park of Bellewaerde Aquapark overnight.
- It is strictly forbidden to leave animals in vehicles, even if the windows are left open. We have free kennels that you can use. You can find out more information about the kennels at Info desk. If this regulation is breached, the relevant authorities will be contacted to release any animals.
- The management is not responsible for any theft or accidents in the car park. The fee for the car park entitles you to the right to park, not the right to security. Guests are strongly advised to lock their vehicles, to keep the windows closed and not to leave any valuables inside their vehicle.
- The management reserves the right, at the expense of the owner, to remove any vehicles that contravene these regulations.
By purchasing a ticket or season ticket, you agree to follow all instructions and rules set out in the park regulations, this also applies to all verbal instructions and guidelines that are communicated to you during your visit by the park patrollers and lifeguards of Bellewaerde Aquapark. The park regulations as well as the General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the regulations concerning season tickets can be found on the website https://aquapark.bellewaerde.be/nl For further information, please contact our staff at the information desk.
- Ticket: Your ticket entitles you to one-time access to the Aquapark. The admission ticket is non-refundable. Once you leave the Aquapark, your ticket is no longer valid. •
- Season ticket: Your season ticket entitles you to one-time access per day to the Aquapark. Once you leave the Aquapark, your season ticket is no longer valid for that day. The season ticket is associated with your name and is only for you. You are not allowed to give it to others.
- Loss: You are responsible for the loss of your ticket or season ticket.
- Opening hours: The opening hours of Bellewaerde Aquapark are indicated in the entrance hall and on the website. Swimming sessions may be shortened due to unforeseen circumstances, such as accident, force majeure events, etc. Under these circumstances, you will not be entitled to a refund of your ticket. Guests will no longer be admitted one hour before closing time.
The management reserves the right to change the opening hours of Bellewaerde Aquapark, shops and restaurants, as well as the prices. The management of Bellewaerde Aquapark also reserves the right to put a time limit on the duration of a visit. The closure of slides and recreational areas (for whatever reason) can under no circumstances lead to a partial or full refund of the admission ticket. The fine for fraudulent entrance to Bellewaerde Aquapark is the price of a normal adult entrance ticket plus €50 administrative costs. Failure to cooperate will result in being banned from the park for the remainder of the season.
Admission to Bellewaerde Aquapark will be refused to:
- Anyone who is drunk or under the influence of drugs;
- Persons and/or groups who disturb the peace or pose a threat to safety; persons who refuse to comply with these internal regulations and/or the instructions of the Bellewaerde Aquapark employees;
- Children under the age of twelve who are not accompanied by an adult;
- Persons suffering from infectious diseases;
- Persons with open wounds and persons with skin problems without a medical certificate;
- Animals, except assistance dogs in the areas where shoes must be worn;
- Prams and buggies.
Guests are not permitted to enter service areas or rooms designated for staff only.
3. Publicity - Distribution - Sales
The sale, distribution and circulation of tickets, goods, brochures or any other publicity material - without the approval of the management - is prohibited on and around the premises of Bellewaerde Aquapark. This also applies to public surveys or professional audio-visual recordings.
4. Visual material
- During your visit, it is possible that photos or video images are taken that will be used at a later stage in communication of Bellewaerde Aquapark or in television programmes in which the park participates. The usage rights of the visual material belong to Bellewaerde Aquapark; as a result, this visual material can be used by the park without any restrictions. Guests who do not want any photographs or video of them to be used must explicitly inform the reception desk on the day of the visit before entering the park.
- When entering Bellewaerde Aquapark and the car park, you agree that images will be taken by our (security) cameras that are installed in various places throughout the park. These images are taken for the safety of our Guests and to protect the property of Bellewaerde Aquapark. The usage rights of this visual material belong to Bellewaerde (Aquapark).
- Guests are not permitted to take images (photo/video).
5. Dress code
- It is compulsory to wear swimwear in Bellewaerde Aquapark. This swimwear may not be offensive to other Guests (e.g. thong, monokini, etc.). Bellewaerde Aquapark reserves the right to refuse Guests admission to Bellewaerde Aquapark if they wear offensive clothing.
- For hygiene reasons, we only allow the following types of swimwear: swimming briefs, bikini, one-piece swimsuit, lycra swimwear down to the knee and elbows and tight-fitting swimming trunks down to the knee. Swimwear cannot have any zips, pockets or buttons.
- Other forms of swimwear are not permitted for reasons of hygiene and safety. The following list of clothing is not allowed, this list is exhaustive: T-shirts, dresses, skirts, underwear, burkini, cycling trunks, etc.
- Children under 2 years of age, as well as children who are not yet potty trained, must wear swim nappies.
- No kind of headwear is allowed in the water, except for a bathing cap.
- Please wear suitable swimwear.
- Bellewaerde Aquapark does not accept any liability if swimwear suffers damage from premature wear and tear due to use of the slides or the tubes.
- Guests with skin infections, infectious infections, plantar warts and/or open wounds will be refused admission to the Aquapark.
- Bellewaerde Aquapark reserves the right to request a doctor's certificate from persons suffering from a skin condition.
- In order to guarantee the best water quality, you must shower and walk through the foot bath before entering the wet area of the Aquapark.
- Around the pool and in those areas where you are allowed to wear shoes, it is mandatory to walk barefoot.
- Please put all your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Shampoo and soap are only allowed in the showers near the changing rooms.
- Children under the age of 12 must always be accompanied by an adult (18+) who constantly supervises the child in question. Parents or accompanying adults of children have a duty to continuously and closely supervise the children throughout the entire park.
- The parent/accompanying adult must ensure that any child who cannot swim wears armbands or a life jacket in the Aquapark, on the understanding that wearing such equipment does not prevent the risk of drowning. Children who swim using arm bands must always be close to an adult (18+) and are not allowed to swim anywhere where the accompanying adult is unable to stand (deeper than body height). Proof of age of the responsible person or child can be requested at any time.
- Swim jackets are made available to Guests free of charge. The management or staff members of Bellewaerde Aquapark are in no way responsible for their use. Swim jackets can be requested from the lifeguard station.
- We strongly advise Guests who are unable to swim or who are disabled to wear a special bracelet so that it is visible (available at the reception of Bellewaerde Aquapark). This means that the lifeguards can spot you more easily.
- Bellewaerde Aquapark is monitored by lifeguards and park patrollers. Their presence in no way detracts from the obligation of Guests and accompanying adults to comply with these regulations.
- Picnics are not permitted in Bellewaerde Aquapark.
- It is not permitted to eat in and around the changing rooms and in the wet areas of the Aquapark, except at the catering establishment provided for this purpose.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the building.
- Babies/toddlers are allowed to drink milk from a closed bottle or eat fruit/vegetable baby food in the catering establishment. The catering establishment as well as the First Aid station has a microwave. Please ask a member of staff if you want to use it.
- Breastfeeding is not allowed in the water.
- Every group must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18+) who will inform the group members about these regulations. For every 15 swimmers aged 12 and under, there must be least one responsible adult. More responsible adults must be present, depending on the age, state of health, etc. of the swimmers. The responsible adults supervise and ensure that his or her group complies with the rules and safety regulations. In the interests of their own safety, persons with health problems (people suffering from heart problems, diabetes, epilepsy, etc.) are asked to inform the duty lifeguard(s) before entering the water.
- The accessibility of the slides and recreational areas for our Guests depends on the safety regulations of each slide or recreational area. Guests may be refused access to certain slides or recreational areas for physical reasons.
- Radios and other audio devices are strictly prohibited in Bellewaerde Aquapark, as are weapons, explosives (firecrackers, flares, etc.) and any sharp or blunt objects (this list is not exhaustive; the management reserves the right to ban other objects).
The following items are not allowed (the list is not exhaustive). If there is any ambiguity, the management will decide on whether it is permitted):
- Harassing or deliberately obstructing other people.
- Running near the pool or in the changing rooms. It is the nature of a water park that the floor can be wet.
- Diving or jumping from a raised edge.
- Dangerous games, such as: sitting or standing on each other's shoulders, pushing each other into the water, pushing or holding each other under water.
- Indecent or rude behaviour.
- Causing damage by means of defacement, soiling or otherwise to the water park, changing rooms or sanitary facilities.
- Handling or moving rescue equipment without any reason.
- Bringing electrical equipment (including audio equipment and photo/video equipment) and make recordings, unless prior approval has been obtained.
- Bringing sharp objects into the changing rooms or water park.
- Spitting in the water park.
- Ignoring instructions given by the staff.
- Using toys (inflatables, balls, etc.) is not allowed.
- The slides are only used when the water jets are on.
- Observe the visible safety instructions (pictograms) for the slides.
- You are expected to take all precautions in order not to collide with the person in front of you on the slide.
- It is strictly forbidden to deliberately cause blockages on the slides or in the recreational areas.
- No other toys are allowed on the slides except the tubes provided for this purpose.
- All instructions (written or oral) concerning the slide must be strictly observed.
- Highly pregnant women and persons with severe heart or back problems are not allowed to use the slides. Guests who take part in activities that are at odds with their state of health (pregnant women, anyone who has recently been admitted to hospital, asthmatics, epileptics, etc.) do so at their own risk.
- Wearing jewellery/piercing is prohibited when using the slide.
- Children under the age of 12 are allowed to use the sauna or jacuzzi for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Please have a thorough shower both before and after using the sauna or jacuzzi.
- Please respect and maintain peace and quiet in the sauna and jacuzzi.
- You must wear swimwear in the sauna and jacuzzi (you cannot go in nude).
- In the sauna, you must sit on a towel.
- Visiting the sauna or jacuzzi is not recommended for people with heart problems, blood pressure or cerebral problems. Guests who take part in activities that are at odds with their state of health (pregnant women, anyone who has recently been admitted to hospital, asthmatics, epileptics, etc.) do so at their own risk.
8. Changing rooms
- The changing rooms serve exclusively as changing rooms; any other activity is not allowed. Do not stay in the changing room longer than necessary and close the doors during use.
- The individual changing rooms may not be entered by more than one person at the same time. Only family or group changing rooms may be used by several people.
- Personal belongings must be stored in the lockers.
- Please leave the changing rooms clean and tidy for the people who are going to use them next.
- The lockers in the changing rooms must be emptied at the end of the day. If not, their contents will be treated as lost property. Lost property is kept for a period of 1 month and can be collected from the reception desk.
- For safety reasons, it is strictly forbidden to leave personal belongings unattended in Bellewaerde Aquapark. All costs related to leaving personal belongings behind are for the account of the owner.
- The staff of Bellewaerde Aquapark cannot be held responsible for the safekeeping of personal belongings. You must look after these items yourself or place them in the lockers provided for this purpose.
9. Smoking policy
For safety reasons and for the health and comfort of non-smokers and children, it is forbidden to smoke in Bellewaerde Aquapark, with the exception of the designated smoking areas. The same rules apply to electronic cigarettes (Royal Decree of 13/12/05).
10. Disability policy
Disabled people are welcome in Bellewaerde Aquapark, however each slide and recreational area within Bellewaerde Aquapark has specific guidelines regarding access for people with disabilities. Bellewaerde Aquapark gives a discount for disabled persons on presentation of a valid disabled person's card or European Disability Card. There is no easier access.
The following rules apply:
- Disabled people who wish to gain access to the slides and recreational areas must be able to walk independently, which is the basic requirement if there is an evacuation and must be able to reach the access/entrance to the slides and recreational areas.
- Disabled people must be accompanied by an adult who can help them to get in/out. This task cannot/should not be taken over by the Bellewaerde Aquapark staff as they have not been trained to do so.
11. Liability and applicable law
- Please leave money, jewellery and valuables behind at home. If this is not possible, store them safely in the lockers.
- Neither the management nor the Bellewaerde Aquapark employees are liable for accidents, theft and damage to property in the water, in the changing rooms or in the car park.
- Anyone who causes damage will be held legally liable and will be asked to pay for the damage.
- Please leave any items that you find with reception or with the lifeguards.
- If you do not comply with the park regulations, you will be asked to leave Bellewaerde Aquapark. If this happens, your entrance fee will not be refunded. In the event of repeated incidents, you may be banned.
- Any dispute between a guest and Bellewaerde Aquapark is subject to Belgian law. Only the Court of Ypres has territorial jurisdiction.
If, despite our efforts to make your stay as pleasant as possible, you would like to make a suggestion or comment, you can always contact Guest Services at Bellewaerde Aquapark.